Tuesday 29 January 2019

True home and refuge

What is a true home?
A place of safety, a refuge
relax and be myself
full of comfort and ease
familiar
breathe out and let go
a place indestructible and
therefore, not physical
a place to return to at any moment
full of great beauty
pleasing to ear and eye.

I have spent many years
searching for an external
physical abode
that does not exist
not yet recognising
 my true home within.

Always present
a refuge dwelling in the heartspace
open and receptive
for those tuned to hear.

My refuge is meditation
being quietly myself
closing out
external sounds and distractions
coming back to myself
as an entire, perfect whole
no needs or desires
nothing lacking or missing.

The refuge of myself is immanent
present
full of presence
joyous
precious
maintained through diligent attention.

A true acknowledgement of
‘the peace that passeth all understanding’
an eternal reality
unchanging, undiminished
calm and quiet
an abode of love
full of qualities
peace
consideration
kindness
compassion
generosity
love.

© 28 Jan 19

No comments:

Post a Comment