Wednesday 9 January 2019

The cold is full of clarity

Creeping into outside darkness
as if
forbidden territory.
Wondering what silent beings
silent creatures
we may disturb?
Who peers out from dense tangled branches at us?
Who dangles Puck-like from the trees
waiting to play some mischief or trick?

What silent beings
spirit guides
hover unseen watching our every move?
Whispering to our unhearing ears.

Spirits
filling the vastness between
earth and the stars
I am ready to hear you
I am willing to listen
I appeal to you for assistance
guide my footsteps.

I had not planned to venture
into the cold
but something
someone drew me.
And the cold was full of clarity
shaking out dullness
as if I have been moving
in a half-sleep for days.

I hear your call
and I answer with my body
with my presence.
© 7 Jan 19

No comments:

Post a Comment