Tuesday 16 October 2012

Today I noticed ... part 2

I have been very aware recently of how my mind tends to jump automatically to a negative rather than a positive thought, and I also learnt that for each negative thought we have it takes 7 positive thoughts to redress the balance. 7!!
I've also noticed that particularly among my friends, several of us who are reaching the end of our PhD research, are all having a lot of negative thoughts at the moment, especially centring on "I can't do this"!
So I have resolved to make a special effort to notice the good, the beautiful, the positive and the miracles that tend to get overlooked in the whirl of negativity.
Today I noticed ... is my way of doing this.

Today I noticed, the sunshine, and the wind making the autumn leaves dance
and the unrestrained giggles of a little girl whose hands were sticking out the bottom of her coat instead of down her sleeves, and she just thought this was hilarious!!

What have you noticed?

1 comment:

  1. Today I noticed a blue tit check out our nesting box. A heartstoppingly wonderful moment for the mad bird woman of Poppleton. :) Your poem reminded me of one of my favorite quotations although it's not really in the same context. 'We are all of us born in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde Good luck to you and your friends in their efforts. Hxx

    ReplyDelete