Monday 16 November 2020

Which path to choose?

 Where do I choose to dwell?
What world do I create for myself?
Stand at the crossroads
which path do I choose?
This road leads to freedom
this one to bondage.
This way leads to light
though it may be treacherous terrain.
This way leads to darkness
though it appears smooth and easy.
This track leads to community and
shared experience.
This track leads to a single, lonely life.
This lane leads to knowing, being
though it feels like
continual becoming.
This lane leads to certainty
and spiritual deafness.
This walk leads to peace
each step along the way peaceful.
This walk leads to doubt.
Fear and longing at every step.

Stand at the crossroads
which path do I choose?
There is no choice.
I long ago chose
the treacherous terrain
stumbling in unknowing
all the while confident
I walk with the light.

© 31 Oct 20

No comments:

Post a Comment