Friday 9 October 2020

Freedom Song

 I am ready!
Ready to leave this self-imposed cage
of which I hold the key.
Ready to merge into my true nature
of pure, perfect and free.

All that holds me back
are my thoughts and ideas
created by the bird who thinks she is caged.
She hears the song of freedom
calling, calling, calling her
not realising she is the song.
She feels the breath of freedom
ruffling her feathers
not realising it is her own breath.
How can it be otherwise?

The cage is created from ideas and beliefs
thoughts and conditionings of
‘who I think I am’.
Once the bird hears the freedom song
the cage begins to change.
Her eyes are opened to seeing reality.
Instead of a beautiful and cosy nest
she sees limitations, impositions,
restrictions.
The cage becomes too small
to hold a free being
too small to stretch her wings.
She hears the song of freedom
calling, calling, calling her
and responds.

The cage of mind dissolves
disintegrates.
The self-imposed cage of mind
cannot exist for a free bird.
She hears the song of freedom
calling, calling, calling her
and responds
knowing she is the song.

© 6 Oct 20

No comments:

Post a Comment