Tuesday 18 August 2020

Coming home

Coming home
to my best friend
who only greets me with love
no matter how I present myself
who does not see a tired
worn out body needing to
‘get into shape’
and loves this body just as it is
who cares not what I think
of myself
no matter how low my thoughts
can take me
and only greets me as whole
complete and shining
who pays no heed to how little
self-love I offer
and only has a full and open heart.

My best friend
who invites me to stay awhile
in quiet meditation
paying no heed to whether I think
I can or can’t
paying no heed to the ‘quality’
of my meditation
and only says,
just rest.

Coming home
to my best friend
who sees no labels, no conditions
no shortcomings
who knows me only as
pure, prefect and free
who is my mirror
and provides space
to allow me to see
we are One.

©  13 Aug 20



No comments:

Post a Comment