Thursday 29 May 2014

3 week retreat at Plum Village

From this Sunday, 1st June I will be on a 3-week retreat at Plum Village in France. There won't be any internet access there so I won't be able to post anything while I'm there but I'm sure there will be lots to add once I'm back home again (after 22nd June).
The retreat is called 'What happens when we die?' and here is the link to it
http://plumvillage.org/retreats/info/21-day-retreat-what-happens-when-we-die/
It sounds as if it will be amazingly interesting, 3 weeks to sink into the reality of no birth and no death. This will be the longest retreat I have ever done so I'm really looking forward to it.
And while I'm there I'm hoping to take part in a ceremony to receive the 14 Mindfulness Trainings and become an Order member. I've been working towards this as an aspirant for about 3 years and it has been an interesting and challenging time of considering what each of the 14MTs means to me personally.
Here's a link to the 14 Mindfulness Trainings http://plumvillage.org/mindfulness-practice/the-14-mindfulness-trainings/
I feel that this has helped me deepen my practice and embody more fully teachings of Buddhism, practising compassion to all, nonviolence and kindness, as well as reviewing what I am thinking and feeling through that all important question 'are you sure?'

No comments:

Post a Comment