Sunday 6 July 2014

The earth protects herself

This morning we had a silent morning at our house and we went for a walk as part of it. By the river, through the woods and through a village. I was very in touch with the earth beneath our feet and the sense that the earth has all the knowledge and wisdom to protect herself as well as providing for all those who live on her. And so this poem came together from the walk.

I am the bounteous, beautiful
green earth
breathing out great love and beauty,
yielding food and shade and protection,
places for quiet reflection
places full of awe and wonder.

I am the nurturing, protecting
green earth
breathing in toxins, pollutants and waste
recycling into useful energy
remaking the compost to
nourish new plants and flowers.

I am the bounteous, beautiful
green earth
breathing out my endless forgiveness
to all who walk upon me.

I am the nurturing, protecting
green earth
breathing in a time of rest
creating a fallow period of retreat.

Breathing out,
see my beauty and loveliness,
an abundance of colour, form and shape.

Breathing in,
appreciate a quiet phase,
resting, nourishing, preparing.

Walk my paths
swim my rivers
catch my scent
eat my produce.
Breathe out with me.
Breathe in with me.

© 6 July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment