Sunday 10 May 2015

I met

I met a one upon the path and
asked, ‘where are you going?’
‘nowhere’ came the reply
‘what do you do?’ ventured I
‘nothing’.
Puzzled I continued further
‘where have you come from?’
‘nowhere’
‘but why are you here?’
‘to meet you’
‘and what have you to say to me?’
‘nothing’.

These answers frustrated me.
Here was a one
coming from nowhere, going nowhere,
with nothing to do, nothing to say and
nothing to carry.
‘Who are you?’

I looked again at the one and
saw myself,
but not myself
a quiet, non-busy, still version of myself,
unconcerned with the cares of the world
not thinking or behaving
in the usual way
not having to achieve anything or
be a particular way
just being.

I smiled as we fell into step and
moved along together.
I found myself upon the path.

© 3 May 15

No comments:

Post a Comment