Wednesday 4 December 2019

How many ways to say 'I love you'?

Here's a cup of tea
I made you a pizza
I brought your favourite chocolate
Let me do your ironing
I chopped some wood for you
Here's a hand to hold
I made you a card
I knitted you a jumper
I fed your cat
Let me wash your cup
Have the last biscuit
Come and look at this butterfly/ this sunset
Let's watch this programme together
Shall we go for a coffee?
I thought you'd like this book
This made me think of you
I'll put the ice-cream away
Your hair looks nice
Thanks for the text
I want to sit beside you
Will you come with me?
I'll give you a lift
Would you like to borrow this?
I wrote a poem for you
You make me laugh
I want you to have this
Are you watching that tv series?
Shall I light the fire?
I picked you some beans
That colour really suits you
Are you ok?
How was work today?
Can we facetime soon?
I haven't heard from you in a while
Shall we have a cuppa?
What did you think of the book?
Do you need a blanket?
Shall we see this comedian?
Let me show you this
Let's play scrabble
Have you got a key?
What would you like to do?

If we could see
that everything we say
is an expression of love
(sometimes expressed inarticulately)
we might say things in a different way.

© 19 Aug 19





No comments:

Post a Comment