Friday 1 September 2017

Today my world was heavy

Today my world was heavy
weighted down with
more to do than anticipated.
Hunched for hours over a computer
my shoulders ached and creaked.
And so I took myself
to lie down on the sun-soaked grass
still damp from last night’s rain
to let the strong dependable earth
melt away my sorrows.
I saw a bee drunkenly
absorbing yellow pollen from
Japanese anemones
until its legs were heavy
with yellow dust.
I saw the Cotinus leaves have
spots in them that diffuses light
like the beauty of stained glass windows
seen from the inside.
I felt a tickle of an unknown bug
across my arm, perhaps
also wondering what I was.
I lay down on the sun-soaked grass
the body itself knowing
what was needed without
intervention from the mind.
Even as the rain came
I did not hurry back inside
enjoying its freshness
needing its nourishment.

© 17 Aug 17

No comments:

Post a Comment