Saturday 25 April 2015

Barmoor Reflections I

I have just returned from a week of co-leading a Mindfulness based stress reduction Intensive retreat; the 8-week course in 5 days.
We were staying at Barmoor, a beautiful Quaker house on the edge of the North York Moors. The weather was glorious, fine April sunshine and crisp sparkling nights. And we had a lot of learning, laughter and luxuriating in silence.
Barmoor is spacious in setting, being right on the edge of farmland and moorland and we woke each morning to glorious sounds of nature.
I wrote a few poems based on my reflections of being there.
Here is the first one -

Bright evening birdsong
inviting me outside.
Calm evening sunshine
still warming the air.
Rabbit playing freely
grouse silently pecking
lambs calling plaintively
distant humming traffic
clouds drifting airily
blossom slowly unfolding
daffodils nodding cheerily
breeze softly caressing
heart gently melting.


© 20 Apr 15

No comments:

Post a Comment